HRD and Communication Skills
Designation and subject taught.
Associate Professor & Head
- 1. Professional Communication(UG Engineering-all streams)
- 2. Professional and Technical Communication(PG-MSc)
- 3. Personality Development and Communication Skills(MCA)
- Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
- Life Member -Chandigarh Management Association
Publications and other Research Outputs
- 1. Kaur Gurvinder &others(2017)Anthropological and Ethnographic elements in I ndian Parallel Films:A study of Homophobia in Indian Society.TRAMES-The Journal Of Social Science and Humanities.21(71/66)Accepted for publication
- 1 Kaur, Gurvinder &Lomash, Hitashi(2015)Do Public and Private Sector Sector Employees Differ in Empowerment Perceptions?-A Comparative Study.International Journal of Social Science and Humanities. 5()1. 907-911
- 2. Kaur Gurvinder& Sharma Manoj (2012).Employees’Perspective on workplace empowerment:A study of foreign banks in India.African Journal of Business Management 6( 21),6415-6419.
- 3. Sharma,Manoj & Kaur, Gurvinder(2008) Employee Empowerment: A Conceptual Analysis. Journal of Global Business Issues.Vol.2. Issue 2. Summer/Fall, 2008.Pp.7-12.
- 4.Sharma,Manoj & Kaur, Gurvinder (2011).Workplace Empowerment and Organizational Effectiveness:An Empirical Investigation of the Indian Banking Sector.Academy of Banking Studies Journal,Vol 10,No.2.Pp105-120
- 5.Sharma,Manoj & Kaur, Gurvinder(2008) Employee Empowerment: Need for an Integrated Approach.Journal of Chandigarh Management Association.Issue 5 pp1-3
Awards and Honours
Recipient of Excellence in Teaching Award-2015
Description of Research Interests
- Human Resource Management
- Exploring linkages between Strategic HR and the Business Strategies.
- Soft HR practices in organizations.
- Education-Curriculum Development, Assessment and Alternate methods,New practices in teaching and evaluation;
- Communication Styles and Effectiveness,Organizational Communication
- New paradigms in entrepreneurial behavior and orientation.g Eco-preneurial constructs